Stunning octogenarian models, New York and London Fashion Week Recaps…
Stunning octogenarian models, New York and London Fashion Week Recaps, over-priced iPhone guards and the newest in rain boots!
Let’s start with the woman of the week: Carmen Dell’Orefice. At 81, she is the now very notable octogenarian model of NY Fashion Week. Personally, I’ve never seen a more stunning woman who defies age beyond belief.
Speaking of NY Fashion Week, it has come to a close. However, the rest of the recaps are below, allowing you to relive some of the more glorious moments again (you’re welcome).
- Theysken’s Theory Iridescent Coat Dress
- Overalls at Philip Lim
- Chartreuse lace at Vera Wang
- Medieval times at Rodarte
- Fuchsia lips and streaked hair at Oscar de la Renta
- Gilded eyes at Marchesa
- Silk fringe at Marchesa
- Double slits
- Micro dots at Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
- Magenta taffeta at Elizabeth and James
- Photo print dress at Proenza Schouler
- Faux undercuts at Brood
- Voluminous dresses
- Marc Jacobs
- Thom Brown
- Reem Acra
- Rodarte and Badgley Mischka
- Marc by Marc Jacobs and The Blonds
- Michael Kors and Rachel Zoe
- Proenza Schouler and Marchesa
So Goodbye to New York and Hello to London!
Check out the latest from London fashion week below:
- Sleeve scarves, cosmic prints and healers at Maria Grachvogel
- Neon tie-dye at House of Holland
- Lady Gaga‘s four distinct outfits at Philip Treacy
- Stamps, draping and red carpet gowns at Mary Katrantzou
- Under-eye eyeliner
- Metallics at Burberry
- Bedazzled models at Meadham Kirchhoff
- Antoni and Alison
- Holly Fulton
- Vivenne Westwood Red Label
- Peter Pilotto
- Burberry and Erdem
- Mulberry and Simone Rocha
Other Fashion News
Alexander McQueen label has announced they will be showing at Men’s London Fashion Week in January.
Frida Giannini will be designing Florence Welch‘s fall U.S. and European tour outfits.
… not to be outdone, get a sneak peek at The New York City Ballet’s Valentino costumes.
This past Friday, iPhone 5 went on pre-sale… and so did a brand new $3000 iPhone case. According to sources, this could earn you “D-bag of the Year” award if you bother to purchase one, as it’s the only case legitimately over-priced.
… and speaking of men who need to spend their money on other things that aren’t dumb… check out André Leon Talley‘s comment on his collection of Uggs. André, you might as well tell women that wearing frumpy, saggy sweatpants to lunch is okay.
Other extravagant items that are more coveted than scoffed at: fantasy shoes for fall. (Hint, think Gucci’s $20K riding boot.) Now if the shoe fairy really was REAL…
Something a little less pricey? Hunter’s new pearlescent Wellington boots – you’re welcome!