Chic Cast of Disney Characters, Swarovski cupcakes…
Chic Cast of Disney Characters, Swarovski cupcakes, the most expensive lunch bag and NY Fashion Week is here!
It has been announced that the very first face of Bobbi Brown will be Katie Holmes. Apparently, this divorce is suiting her well.
Who says history can’t repeat itself or at the very least, what your grandmother’s housecoat was made out of, wasn’t chic? See 25 different ways to wear brocade here.
… and speaking of older ladies, see the new Swarovski line that Yoko Ono created. The pieces are stunning!
Speaking of Swarovski, see which famous bakery they collaborated with, to design a line of cupcakes for Fashion week!
I remember when I was a kid and I thought it was special that mom and dad would write love notes or draw me little pictures on my lunch bag for school. Today’s kids (and adults) seem to be much more chic than that. Check out what Jil Sander created for those otherwise less-than-exciting bagged lunches. As with any other kid, the parents might just burn $300 instead.
Also, who wants to send their kids to school with boring school supplies? Cue Plasti-dips. This $20 wonder will turn any boring, drab school supply or kitchen utensil into something fabulous!
Still… what about those little tots who still need to learn about fashion inspiration? Well, Barneys seemed to have figured it out. This past March, the company took a bunch of their employees to Disney World and out popped their 2012 holiday campaign – Disney characters in couture. My question is, did Daisy juice or did she just not eat for the last six months?
In less kid-friendly news, GQ‘s newest article on the Marquee club is both entertaining and downright informative. The question is, are you an “elite girl” or a “filler”?
In other outlandish news – Christian Louboutin has finally won the “red heel suit” against YSL. To summarize – YSL (or any other shoe manufacturer for that matter) will not be allowed to use the red sole, unless the entire shoe is red.
Not outlandish enough? If you live in Washington, D.C., stop by the National Museum of Women in the Arts and check out Lady Gaga‘s meat dress, which I’m pretty sure should be beef jerky by now.
It seems that 2012 has been all about the men and the specialty shops they deserve. Check out this article on the newest in men’s-only stores and what’s hot.
In sad news, NAHM has abruptly shut its doors. As all of you would remember, I met Nary Manivong last year at his D.C. premiere of “Dressed”, during which you watched his journey as a designer that led to his Ally Hilfiger‘s lovechild label.
FASHION WEEK NEWS for Spring 2013
Yes, it’s that time of year again when NYC comes alive with models, designers and entertainers trying to be both. Below are all the recent recaps and entertaining news:
- Ever wonder how models prep before the big week? Check out what IMG does.
- … and how did Karl Lagerfeld get Florence Welch to pop out of a clamshell anyway?
- Speaking of popping out – Anna Dello Russo, known for her “avaunt-garde” approach to fashion, seems to have been consumed with a white furry muppet. Check out her look book while you’re at it.
- Would rather have a fashion icon a bit more demure? Check out Carine Roitfeld‘s lookbook.
- One of the trends coming down the runway is that vampy look with an oxblood lip color. Christian Dior went against the trend this year and designed a line of nude lip colors that are positively complimentary on anyone. So, if you pick up one, particularly Grege #169, 100% of the proceeds will go to Free the Children.
- Harnesses are dominating the runway.
- Google and Diane von Furstenberg team up and what do you see them wearing? Google glasses… first you tell people you don’t want Republicans in your store and then you team up with a company whose product will be defunct before it even sells. DvF, you’re losing it.
- Rachel Comey
- Richard Chai LOVE – and his longer shorts
- Creatures of the Wind
- Costello Tagliapietra- Posterior rouching and marbleized fabrics
- HONOR and Kimberly Ovitz
- Jason Wu and Peter Som
- Helmut Lang – Puffy shorts
- Rag & Bone – Desert racing and graphic greens
- Kate Spade
- Prabal Gurung and Lacoste
- Cushnie et Ochs – curvy silhouettes
- Alexander Wang and Altuzarra
- Victoria Beckham – laser cut shoulder bag
- Derek Lam and Thakoon
- Diane von Furstenberg and Zac Posen