A Man’s Response to How Women Date in DC
After the blog post Rants and Raves: The Sequel to A “Little Something” to the Single People of DC During Summer went viral yesterday, there was an influx of comments on Facebook about this subject. One of my fans, who I have now invited to be my guest male resident blogger, had a response to this. Below is his take on how the women of DC behave, in regards to dating, and some commentary on why it’s inappropriate. Although brief, it seems to resonate amongst the male population. Do you agree?
THE GUY’S LIST OF THE TOP TEN MOST ANNOYING THINGS DC WOMEN DO, IN REGARDS TO DATING
by Pascal Raviniere
- Give you their phone number when they have zero interest. – Why? What’s the point? Why waste my time? At least give me a fake number!!
- Never plan a date. – I’m not your entertainment coordinator. Are you SO vacuous that nothing is of interest to you?
- Say they’re busy and can’t go out but post pictures of themselves doing stupid shit on Facebook at the same time you would be out. – Ladies, we might be dumb, but we’re not that dumb.
- Insist that all they drink is champagne. – Please. You aren’t Audrey Hepburn, and this isn’t “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” Oh, and by the way, champagne has lots of sugar in it - and makes you fat.
- Treat Facebook like it’s their personal wannabe modeling profile page. – You’re not a real model. We’re not impressed. It’s annoying . . . and so are you.
- Refuse to eat like a normal person. – Oh, you don’t eat gluten, red meat, sugar, seafood, high-fructose corn syrup or any greens of any kind unless they’re organically grown and picked by virgins in the moonlight? Oh yeah, I’m sure we can work with that.
- Never offer to pay for anything. Ever. – We don’t mind paying, really we don’t. It’s more the sense of entitlement that we object to.
- Are chronically late. – Never on time? Not once? Really? Not even by accident?
- Hang out with creepy, old, rich dudes (with zero personality) and insist that they like them for reasons other than their money. – No further comment necessary.
- Complain constantly about never meeting a “nice guy,” and then act like a raging bitch to every guy who shows one ounce of interest (unless he’s really creepy, old and rich – see #9 above). – Even if you are trying to meet a nice guy, this probably isn’t the best way to go about it.